SARS-CoV-2, which means Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2, or Covid 19 for short is is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus.
Coronaviruses are a family of viruses that cause disease in animals. Seven, including the new virus, have made the jump to humans, but most just cause cold-like symptoms and two of which were particularly serious with SARS in 2003 and MARS in 2012.
Covid-19 first emerged in late 2019, when a mysterious illness was reported in Wuhan, China and has was designated a pandemic on 11th March 2020.
If you have any symptoms of Covid 19 please cancel your appointment.
As of January 2022 the main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
However if you have any cold like symptoms I would advise doing a Lateral Flow Test or book in for a PCR test. I know from my own experience of Covid that my PCR were positive but my Lateral Flow tests were all negative whilst I was positive for Covid.
As of July 4th 2020 the British Acupuncture Council has said we are able to return to practice as long as we can offer safe practice so here is what we at JHS Acupuncture are doing to keep you safe during your visit.
- We can now treat people with less severe illness than in the previous ‘urgent care only’ phase, but we are still restricted with face to face acupuncture to those with high level care needs.
- Where possible please wait in your car and we will come and get you when it is your appointment – feel free to txt me you are waiting
- If not possible we will show you into the waiting room and provide face masks and 80% alcohol hand sanitiser
- Between clients we will disinfect the treatment couch, door handles and client chair
- In the therapy room we will provide face masks and 80% alcohol hand sanitiser
- Nitril gloves will be available
- There will be fresh towels for each client
- We will not be using bed covers but will disinfect the bed between clients
- Appointments will remain at 55 to 6o minutes and we will add 10 minutes to disinfect between clients